I suppose that I should have figured it out when they kept asking me all of those questions at the job interview. Of course I was thinking about the money and I knew that I had plenty of safe driving miles behind me. I have been all over North America driving trucks and it is not like I never had the hazard signs on my truck before. This is quite a different matter though as I am driving around doing dangerous goods shipping in vancouver and the rest of the Canadian West and down in the Pacific Northwest regions of the United States of America.
“It can happen to the best of us, we just get settled on the long road listening to our favorite tunes and suddenly it hits you – no, we’re not talking about needing a bathroom break and driving fatigue, we’re talking a powerful case of the munchies, a snack attack, call it what you like but you start to feel more than just a little hungry and in need of some nibbles.
So what do you do? Stop at the next gas station for an energy drink and Snickers, maybe a bag of salted nuts and a bottle of water? They might do the trick for a while but with a little bit of planning ahead you can easily avoid the soda, the candy and the other convenience junk and have some delicious, nutritious, tasty snacks ready for when the snack attacks take you by surprise.
It’s as simple as packing an overnight bag really, but instead of pajamas and toothpaste you need to remember a few goodies. Treat yourself to an insulator bag or car cooler and a few resealing bags and you’re ready to go.
• Nuts – are a great alternative to the humble potato chip and much better for you. They actually help you to keep full for longer and don’t even melt on your fingers like some snacks. They’re packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats and actually contribute to your daily nutritional needs instead of being something which you try not to count at the end of the day.
• Fruits – are one of the very best snacks on the go you can find. Store fruits inside containers in your cooler to keep them cool, fresh and refreshing, either fresh or cubed depending on the fruit. Don’t forget dried fruits too – dried raisins, apricots, cranberries are all great snack foods for a road trip. Super duper snack tip from the guys at San Bernardino Nissan – avoid fruit with pits like cherries, they are far too messy to eat on a road trip.
• Veggies – are easy to prepare and make fabulous road trip snacks too. It just takes a little preparation. Pick out your favorites, I love cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, carrot sticks, celery sticks – you could even pack a hummus dip or a tub of peanut butter to help keep your energy levels high and your hunger levels low.
• Hard boiled eggs – okay, you can peel them before you set off if you’re driving, but hard boiled eggs make a delicious, easy filling snack on the go. Just boil them, peel them, pop them into a container in your insulated cooler and enjoy at your leisure.
• Sandwiches – it’s all about thinking “picnic”. Sandwiches are a quick and easy method of keeping hunger at bay whilst on a road trip. You might have to pop them into the insulated cooler depending upon your chosen sandwich filling. Nut butter and jelly will do just fine on the outside, cheese or meats will definitely keep better in a chilled environment.
• Trail mix – okay, so you might not be hiking the trail but surely driving along the trail counts for something. You can buy some readymade trail mix or invent your own combination of your favorites – a mixture of raw nuts, granola, seeds, dried fruits and anything else you fancy. A few dark chocolate chips can add a dash of sweetness.
Just remember that the snacks you take need to be high on taste, high on ease of use and low on mess, which should do it.
What about the car? Check out the terrific deals at LomaLindaNissan.com.”
“Motoring sports are not only incredibly popular all over the world, but they also have provided us with a lot of the technology which is now included in our everyday cars. Sports such as Formula 1 and NASCAR are always looking for new ways to improve their cars and many of these ways turn out to be pretty useful for regular drivers, too. Here is a look at some of the most relevant innovations to come out of racing.
1. Push button starts
Many new cars feature this keyless engine starting system which is taken directly from racing cars. The goal is to save time. That extra second it takes to start a car using a key might not affect us tremendously, but it makes a lot of difference in racing. You might notice that certain cars also have the button on the left side. This is also thanks to racing so that the drivers can press it and use the transmission at the same time.
2. Exterior design
Some of the most beautiful and most powerful sports cars feature exterior designs which are clearly inspired by racing cars. This is because these kinds of cars are built to be as aerodynamic as possible so it will reduce drag.
3. Lightweight materials
In order to improve performance, automakers are always looking for new ways to make their cars lighter. There is a limit to how much stuff they can remove from cars in order to shed weight so a better alternative is to make that stuff out of lighter materials. The perfect example for this is carbon fiber, a material which was first predominant in race cars and now is found in commercial vehicles, as well.
In order to get a good deal on a new car you should visit Express Service Inland Empire. By going to NissanExpressService.com you are ensuring that you will receive the best treatment possible and will drive away completely satisfied.
Finding cheap auto insurance is more than a matter of simply finding the right company and selecting the best coverage and dedicutible. Premiums can vary considerably based on the discounts you may be offered. Most companies include information about available discounts on their website, or you can get the information by calling an agent.
Auto insurance companies offer discounts for a wide variety of reasons. The one that will probably make the biggest impact on the bottom line is a safe driver discount, a reduction in premium offered to long-term policyholders with flawless or near-flawless driving records. However, if your safety record is less than stellar, there are still things you can do to save money on your auto policy. Many providers also offer discounts for installing a car alarm, taking a defensive driving course, even, for students, getting good grades.
Changes in your lifestyle or habits can also lead to discounts.
When I moved to Baltimore, I loved everything about it other than the traffic. I grew up in a small town, and our biggest traffic jams always resulted after the local high school football team played a home game. Living in Baltimore made me realize how lucky I was to have been able to avoid such ridiculous traffic for most of my life. It wasn’t a problem for me for the most part, because I rarely had to travel on the interstate. The last time I did, I hired a baltimore car service company, and I will do that from now on.
What happened was I had to go to the airport in Washington, D.C., and I thought I could handle it on my own. I did, but my nerves were so frazzled by the time I got back home that I knew I would never do that again.
I would like to sell my old car at some point in the near future. I have already tried selling it for some time by just putting it out in my front yard with a “for sale” sign on it that had a price and my phone number. I have only received one phone call regarding the car in that span of time, and they tried to low ball me on the price. Anyway, I am going to try something else and I am looking to visit aladdin car buyers online website to see if I can get an online offer for my car.
I am hoping to get at least a few thousand dollars for the car, because it still runs, and it is not a bad car. I do not think that there is anything too serious with it, but it does need a few repairs. I have a list of the things that are not properly working or could be working better. I ended up getting a new car on kind of a impulse purchase, but I am very happy with the new car.
The fact that I have a new car, is the reason that I want to sell this old car of mine. I am hoping that if I can get a few thousand dollars for the car, then I will be able to use that money to pay off a few car payments. That would really help me out from a financial point of view, so hopefully I can get a reasonable offer online. I need to gather up all the necessary information to get a quote for the car, and hopefully I will be able to finish this process within the next couple of hours. If not then, I will have to finish it up tomorrow.